Optimization of Linux Kernel

Реакции
Помог
3 раз(а)
Hi,

I am planning to use Open Game Panel on Debian 12 to host CS 1.6 server (not for selling, it's for my community).
Practically, I am tired of other gpanel rules, lockings, forbidden modules, etc.

Machine:
4x 4.7Ghz Ryzen 5
8 GB Ram
300MBps

Does anyone know how to optimize kernel for it to be able on 32/32 (when all players alive) to have min. 900 FPS?
Is that possible on this machine or it has to be stronger?
If there is some online tutorial, could a link be provided?
Thanks !

Реакции
Помог
2 раз(а)
Не чё се машина. Вообще должно с такими то характеристиками.

Реакции
Помог
2 раз(а)
drag1c, Так вот вы её купили. Там посуди за глаза хватит.

Реакции
Предупреждения
hz 1000
desktop low latency
Cpu performance scaling performance
30 Июл 2023
mb install rocky linux 9 and rhel nice kernel

Последнее редактирование:
Реакции
Hi,

I am planning to use Open Game Panel on Debian 12 to host CS 1.6 server (not for selling, it's for my community).
Practically, I am tired of other gpanel rules, lockings, forbidden modules, etc.

Machine:
4x 4.7Ghz Ryzen 5
8 GB Ram
300MBps

Does anyone know how to optimize kernel for it to be able on 32/32 (when all players alive) to have min. 900 FPS?
Is that possible on this machine or it has to be stronger?
If there is some online tutorial, could a link be provided?
Thanks !
Join us on a journey where innovation knows no bounds and Getmodnow serves as a beacon guiding you towards a brighter, more customized digital future.
All you have planned to do about installing CS 1.6 server for your community using Open Game Panel on Debian 12 is very good. Your computer has a powerful enough configuration to run CS 1.6 server with good performance. However, hitting 900 FPS with 32 players in CS 1.6 can be difficult, as the game was not originally designed to handle such high frame rates. Here are some steps to optimize your server:
Linux Kernel Optimization: Tweaking kernel settings can improve performance, but hitting 900 FPS can be difficult because of game limitations. Feel free to tweak "sysctl" settings like tweaking TCP/IP, file descriptors and more.

Server Configuration: Adjust server settings for best performance. Change parameters like tickrate, network settings and player limits based on available resources.

Configure Open Game Panel: Make sure to configure Open Game Panel for your CS 1.6 server. This includes setting the game server executable, parameters, and ensuring proper resource allocation.

Resource Allocation: Allocate enough CPU cores and RAM for your CS 1.6 server in Open Game Panel.

Firewall and Network: Configure the firewall to allow traffic in and out of the CS 1.6 server. Make sure your server's network connection is stable and low latency.

Regular Maintenance: Regularly update CS 1.6 server, Debian and Open Game Panel to the latest version.

Реакции
drag1c, on machine like this - you can host dozens of servers with hundreds of player in total. You don't need to modify kernel in some way, it's will not worth it anyway. Only one thing with I can give advice to you - make sure that you disabled RCON and configurate iptables to prevent UDP flooding to your servers. Without this protection it's pretty easy for any stranger to cause denial of servers.

Реакции
Помог
3 раз(а)
drag1c, on machine like this - you can host dozens of servers with hundreds of player in total. You don't need to modify kernel in some way, it's will not worth it anyway. Only one thing with I can give advice to you - make sure that you disabled RCON and configurate iptables to prevent UDP flooding to your servers. Without this protection it's pretty easy for any stranger to cause denial of servers.
Im not sure if I know to configurate iptables and disable rcon :(
I think that per default ufw is turned off in Open game panel.
Do you have some tutorial how to do it?

Concerning FPS, I've managed to pull out 42000 FPS from the server which seems pretty nice, without modyfing kernel.
Of course, I've limmited servers for my community on 10000 fps.

Реакции
Помог
125 раз(а)
drag1c, you don't need a frame rate over 1,000 per server

Реакции
Помог
3 раз(а)
drag1c, yes, that will be pretty good for beginning
1691420191511.png

This happened after I've tried
Код:
sudo iptables-restore /etc/iptables/rules.v4
I don't know what causing problem, but it seems it's about row 132 ("COMMIT")

Edit: Done it. Problem was because I've edited file via FTP, so I had to use iptables-save > /etc/iptables/rules.v4 before I used restore.

Последнее редактирование:

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему

Сейчас на форуме нет ни одного пользователя.
Сверху Снизу